The Ladiesfest 8K run is an event designed to promote women's health, fitness and well being in the community. The run allows women to challenge themselves by walking, jogging or running an 8k course.
All proceeds from the Ladiesfest 8K run will be donated to the Alberta Health Services, Breast and Cervical Health Program. The Program is dedicated to educating women about health and providing women with the resources for the diagnosis and treatment of breast health problems including breast cancer.
This year the run will be a Virtual 8K starting Sat. June 13th and finishing Sun June 21st at 8pm. That means you can run an 8K anywhere and anytime between those dates. We request that you please maintain proper Social Distancing at all time.
- You will be required to record your time and post it on line to the website that will be provided you by email prior to the run.
- It is suggested that you plot out or measure the 8K distance so you know when to stop your watch or smartphone. You can use mobile apps such as Strava, MapMyRun, or map it on a computer at Google map.
- Optionally instead of heading outside you can run on a treadmill as long as you have the ability to measure how far you have gone and how long it took.
- To keep things relatively simple we are basing this on the honour system, there is no need to upload proof, so please be honest.
Awards will be given to the Top 3 finisher's in each age category. Awards will be unique
- In addition to age categories we have Teams - Mother-Daughter & Sister-Sister of 2 or more per team.
You can run in both age category and on a team. The team times are averaged per team.
- We will be posting results on racepro.ca the day the event closes with downloadable Official Finisher, Category Award and Gender Award cerificates for all distances.
Contact Randy for more information
- Registration is $11 each (includes processing fee) and all proceeds will be donated to the AHS Breast and Cervical Health Program.
- Entries are all on line and once you complete the entry form you will receive a confirmation email with your unique "Time Post Code" , link and login information to post times will be included as well. ( email here if you did not receive)
- Registration NOW OPEN.
- Confirmation List will be available here
- Category summaries here
- PLEASE maintain Social Distancing rules and Stay Safe!.
Breast and Cervical Health Program
Working in partnership with women in southern Alberta
That women needing breast assessment require prompt, accurate diagnosis and treatment of breast health problems.
That women are empowered in decision making by receiving education and emotional support as they work through this process.
That using the expertise of a multidisciplinary team will provide comprehensive care for women and their families.
That it is important to involve your family doctor throughout this process.