The Ladiesfest 8K run/walk is an event designed to promote women's health, fitness and well being in the community. The run/walk allows women to challenge themselves by walking, jogging or running an 8k course.
All proceeds from the Ladiesfest 8K run will be donated to the Alberta Health Services, Breast and Cervical Health Program. The Program is dedicated to educating women about health and providing women with the resources for the diagnosis and treatment of breast health problems including breast cancer.
The Ladiesfest 8K will be using a virtual format again for 2021. The event will run from June 12 at 8 AM (MT) until June 20 at 11:59 PM (MT). You can run your 8K any time between those dates and anywhere you may be. We request that you always maintain proper social distancing. Should you wish to run the regular Ladiesfest 8K course you can use this map.
- All finish times need to be posted to the website provided in your confirmation email.
- If you are doing a route other than the Ladiesfest route posted above and do not have a Garmin or similar device to measure distance, mobile apps (Strava, MapMyRun) can also be used to measure route distances. Routes can also be mapped on a computer using Google map before you run.
- Treadmill runs can be used for the Ladiesfest Virtual 8K.
- To keep things simple, we are using the honour system for all posted mileage. There is no need to upload proof of the distance you run but please be honest.
With this year’s virtual format we will not be providing any age group or team category awards. All participants will receive finisher medals.
- Mother-Daughter, Sister-Sister and NEW for this year Sister-Hood (not related but are like sisters) Team Categories will be available of 2 or more per team.
- Participants can run in both the age group and team categories.
- Team category times are averaged based on each team members posted time.
- Results will be posted on racepro.ca on June 21. Official Finisher, Age Group, and Team Category certificates will be available on this website.
For more information
- Registration is $21.50 each (processing fee included). All proceeds will be donated to the AHS Breast and Cervical Health Program.
- Shirts are available for an additional $10.50.
- Deadline to order a shirt is May 2 at 11:59pm (MT).
- Out-of-town participants can choose to have their package mailed to them for an additional fee: shirt and medal - $15.50, medal only - $5.25. As an alternative, out-of-town participants can have a friend or family member pick up their package.
- A breakfast can be added to your registration for an additional $13.00. Regular and Gluten free options are available and breakfasts will be available for pick up on June 12 from Prime Catering located in the Sandman Signature Lethbridge Lodge. Further pick up details will be emailed to you prior to June 12.
- Registration is only available online. You will receive a confirmation email once registration is complete. The confirmation email will include a link to the website where times will be posted, your unique "Posting Code", and login information. Email here if you do not receive your confirmation (please include your name).
- Registration NOW CLOSED.
- Registrations are limited to the the first 500.
- A searchable confirmation list is available here.
- Category summaries are available here.
- Package Pickup Thursday evening June 10 5pm-8pm and Friday June 1110am-5:30pm at Runners Soul.
- PLEASE maintain social distancing rules and stay safe!
contact Randy by email
Breast and Cervical Health Program
Working in partnership with women in southern Alberta
That women needing breast assessment require prompt, accurate diagnosis and treatment of breast health problems.
That women are empowered in decision making by receiving education and emotional support as they work through this process.
That using the expertise of a multidisciplinary team will provide comprehensive care for women and their families.
That it is important to involve your family doctor throughout this process.